I haven’t been blogging as much as I would like lately mainly because… ummm… eeehhmm…. let me find an excuse :), I still have to write about a few Ardbeg whiskies I have been tasting and about the Laphroaig Live whiskies ( pretty awesome stuff there that nor me nor you will be able to buy )… but well, from time to time you can give yourself a treat like this amazing Whisky Advent Calendar.
Drinks by the Dram Whisky Advent Calendar 2015 is packed with 24 whiskies ranging from amazing to just damn good amazing stuff… I was surprised last year to find only two or three whiskies that they weren’t top stuff… and I am quite happy to see that this year selection is perhaps even better. Here is the list, judge by yourself.
– Glenfarclas 25 Year Old
– Yoichi Non Age / Miyagikyo Non Age
– Compass Box Great King Street – Artist’s Blend
– Balvenie 15 Year Old Single Barrel Sherry Cask
– Teeling Small Batch Irish Whiskey
– Kilchoman Machir Bay 2014 Release
– Mackmyra Brukswhisky (The Swedish Whisky)
– Glenfiddich 18 Year Old
– Girvan Patent Still – Proof Strength / Girvan 20 Year Old 1993 (cask 10439) – Clan Denny (Douglas Laing) / Girvan 21 Year Old 1994 (cask 58808) – Old Particular (Douglas Laing)
– Isle of Jura Elixir 12 Year Old
– Tullamore D.E.W. 12 Year Old Special Reserve
– Monkey Shoulder Blended Malt Scotch Whisky
– Caol Ila 12 Year Old
– Dalwhinnie Winter’s Gold
– Elijah Craig Small Batch Bourbon 12 Year Old
– Arran – Batch 4 (That Boutique-y Whisky Company)
– The Lost Distilleries Blend
– Dalmore 15 Year Old
– Isle Of Jura Superstition
– The GlenDronach 12 Year Old
– Fettercairn Fior
– Invergordon 50 Year Old 1964 (cask 2) / Girvan 50 Year Old 1965 (cask 10896) / North British 53 Year Old 1961 (cask 10708) – Xtra Old Particular (Douglas Laing)
– Balvenie 12 Year Old DoubleWood
– Glen Scotia Double Cask
I am pretty excited to give them a try… but I don’t want to start before Dec, 1st… barely a few days away.
I won’t blog about them in the usual way, I will try to sum them all in three or four posts, but I promise to give you my sincere opinion about each of them and of course, you can get one for you at Master of Malt for barely £149.95 ( that’s isn’t so expensive if you check the whisky inside ). Let me know what do you think.